VP of Product Marketing (Kalamazoo, MI)
Do you have an entrepreneurial drive paired with a strong business acumen? Do you have experience in creating and leading high-performance teams? Are you looking for your opportunity to make a serious impact? If so, read on!
On behalf of our client, Landscape Forms, we are looking for a Vice President of Product Marketing to join the executive team of this growing company. A qualified candidate will be responsible for the strategic plans, growth, and success for all product groups including Site Furniture, Structure and Lighting business units. Product Managers/Champions for each unit will report to this qualified individual. In addition, the VP of Product Marketing will manage cross functional relationships with Design, Marketing Communications, Product Development, Sales and Finance.
Landscape Forms, an industry leader in creating outdoor furniture, accessories, and LED lighting, is centered around three core philosophies: Design, Culture, and Craft. By partnering with some of the most influential and renown designers, architects, and landscape architects in the world, they help clients achieve outdoor environments and identities that create a sense of place.
- As a member of the Management Team, contribute to and carry out corporate strategy, planning, and policy.
- Provide sales and customer leadership.
- Provide insight and strategic ideas to drive/support Landscape Forms growth.
- Participate with managers in the annual planning process.
- Lead by example, visibly and consistently employing our QUEST Principles.
- Be an effective organizational educator and communicator.
- Develop strong knowledge of Landscape Forms business strategy and operations process.
- Effectively represent the company in appropriate public and community activities.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Marketing Plan for each product business unit.
- Set current and long-term goals for internal teams.
- Insure that the voice of the Customer is being heard for new products and tools.
- Co-host the New Product Development Committee to Implement a Three-Year Product Development Plan.
- Actively participate with Design Programs, Design Reviews and Search (customer feedback loop).
- Set criteria for Product Launch and Sales Training.
- Set product pricing and promotion activities.
- Monitor sales statistics for new and existing products and adjust plans as necessary to grow sales.
- Track competitor activities.
- Assume responsibility for customer experience with each new product launch.
- Work with operations on all engineering development and production scheduling.
- Key measurements are growth and profitability of each business unit.
- Set and achieve annual bookings goal.
- Work with People Department to drive culture and achieve team engagement goals.
- Lead department planning meetings/discussions.
- Participate with support in department meetings to strengthen relationship with internal clients/suppliers.
Qualifications / Criteria for Success:
- Graduate or Undergraduate degree, preferably in Business or Marketing.
- Working knowledge of A&D Customers or Architectural Products.
- Ten years of leading design driven business unit that is driving profitable business growth.
- Proven experience in Business P&L and creating/implementing a “Go-To-Market” plan.
- Strong leadership skills as well as analytical and project management skills.
- Strategic mindset, with an ability to make difficult decisions.
If this opportunity sounds like it could be right for you, please contact Chaz Amidon at [email protected].