Vice President of Sales (Raleigh, NC)
Are you an experienced and passionate sales leader with expertise in the office furniture industry? Do you enjoy building industry relationships while developing and coaching others to do the same? If so, then we’d love to speak with you! On behalf of our client, Storr Office Environments, we are seeking a metrics-driven Vice President of Sales whose primary role will be both strategic planning and tactical execution as a leader within the Storr senior leadership team and will report to the Chief Operation Officer.
A successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to grow market share by leading and directing the sales and marketing team to meet or exceed sales revenues and gross profit goals with special emphasis on growing new furniture sales in all market segments. This person will maintain contacts with key customers and other outside industry contacts that will help further the interests of the business to ensure that our products and services continue to provide differentiated advantages to the marketplace.
- Create and execute the sales department go-to-market and marketing strategies to grow new furniture sales above the national growth average.
- Develop and lead the sales leadership team by hiring salespeople and developing the existing sales team through coaching and training.
- Actively lead our efforts to grow relationships with Commercial Real Estate and A & D firms.
- Coordinate the sales efforts of Senior Leadership to get Storr more engaged in the local market to identify and develop strategic alliances.
- Grow sales in vertical markets by developing specialists/teams for each market’ corporate, health care, education, government, and new business development.
- Champion internal processes and support staff to create a strong sales culture in the organization.
- Lead account planning.
- Champion the increased usage of CRM.
- Maintain and meet sales expense goals at a budgeted percentage of revenues.
- Manage the pricing process to maximize our gross profit margins.
- Manage the vendor relationships with Steelcase and other key vendors to ensure long term, profitable relationships.
- Drive the development of sales strategies and maintain key customer relationships.
- Manage overall sales process–set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management.
- Assist with complex sales negotiations, attend sales presentations and help close sales deals.
- Oversee our training and development efforts for the sales leaders and sales force.
- Annually lead our forecasting process for sales volumes and profit margins.
- Manage brand identity and recognition in the market.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales bookings goals for the sales organization.
- Manage sales expenses to the budgeted figure.
- Grow the sales team headcount to achieve the strategic growth objectives of the respective team.
- Achieve the targeted gross profit goals on furniture and service goals.
- Build a strong and cohesive team of sales leaders and salespeople that are achieving their quarterly and annual goals.
- Achieve minimum Customer Satisfaction Survey scores.
- Minimum of 5 years’ sales management experience.
- Experience working in a B2B sales environment with a complex, long sales cycle.
- Must have knowledge related to sales structure, sales strategy, forecasting, performance management objectives, and metrics needed to optimize sales performance.
- Proactive individual who has demonstrated experience creating, building, & growing sales teams.
- Must be willing to work in a collaborative environment and be willing to be challenged.
- Ability to develop an annual sales and marketing plan including goals, strategies, and tactics; and be able to successfully implement the plan.
- Must be willing and able to work side-by-side with salespeople and sales leaders with varied skills and experience.
- Wants to be part of an organization that wants to achieve excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
If this sounds like an excellent fit, please contact Chaz Amidon at [email protected].