Textile Consultant (Seattle, WA)
Are you someone who has a proven track record of successful sales performance? Do you possess the skills to manage and grow business with existing accounts, as well as establish new business with identified prospective customers? On behalf of our client, we are seeking a Textile Consultant with a strong background and solid relationships in the commercial interiors and/or furniture market. This exciting position for a leading textile company will be responsible for increasing sales and market share in the Greater Seattle Area as well as surrounding territories. If you have a thirst for knowledge and personal growth, we’d love to hear from you!
- Regularly visit and ensure all accounts are maintained with relevant and current product catalogs, samples and pricing.
- Pursue project opportunities for the specification of products with all commercial architects, interior designers, dealers and major end users within the territory.
- Engage in new product presentations to all accounts and prospects within the territory.
- Develop and implement tactical sales plans and regularly provide field input to management regarding competitive issues, product needs, service issues, business conditions and opportunities.
- Pursue fabric program placements with all commercial furniture and interior products manufacturers, commercial systems furniture refurbishers and commercial reupholsterers.
- Collaborate with all sales consultants within the company to share market/project information in pursuit of business opportunities.
- Regularly engage in new business development activities such as research and networking to identify new customer prospects.
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong appreciation for great design and interiors.
- Places a high value on customer service.
- Consultative approach to the sales relationship and project opportunities.
- Disciplined and diligent.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Self-starter and goal oriented.
- Two to four years’ experience preferred with demonstrated success in one or more of the following related areas: 1) textiles sales 2) office furniture sales 3) commercial interior products i.e. acoustical wall treatments, wall covering, tile, carpet, laminates, lighting, etc. 4) commercial interior design.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Successful completion of a sales training program preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and (CRM) account management software programs.
Daily travel required within assigned territory with some overnight travel.
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send your resume to Jeff Mier at [email protected].