President of Lighting (Kalamazoo, MI)
Are you an expert in commercial, outdoor, design-driven lighting? Have you had success in product marketing, distribution and specification of lighting? On behalf of our client, Landscape Forms, we are seeking a President of Lighting who is an entrepreneurial business leader to oversee their fast-growing Lighting Division.
Landscape Forms, the North American leading manufacturer of high-design outdoor furniture, accessories, and LED lighting, is centered around three core philosophies: Design, Culture, and Craft. By partnering with some of the most influential and renown designers in the world, they help clients achieve outdoor environments and identities that create a sense of place. Are you the visionary leader who will plan the best trajectory for their lighting business?
- As a member of the Management Team, contribute to and carry out corporate strategy, planning, and policy; embody the QUEST principles visibly and consistently.
- Provide sales and customer leadership.
- Provide insight and strategic ideas to drive/support Landscape Forms growth.
- Participate with managers in the annual planning process.
- Develop strong knowledge of Landscape Forms business strategy and operations process
- Effectively represent the company in appropriate public and community activities.
- Provide leadership and direction to all company functions for the Lighting business.
- Implement Lighting Go-To-Market Strategy, define Top Customer Contacts and build a Pipeline process.
- Determine what products are needed and priorities.
- Determine selling prices, margin goals and discounting.
- Determine marketing and public relation needs.
- Define production process and lead times.
- Work with Landscape Forms Sales Management and Sales Team.
- Assume responsibility for customer experience, concept development, pricing, and delivery.
- Define growth and profitability as key measurements.
- Work with People Department to drive culture and achieve team engagement goals.
- Lead strategy discussion with Design Department on new product design trends/materials that are discovered through Studio 431 projects.
- Participate with support in department meetings to strengthen relationship with internal clients/suppliers.
Attributes for Success:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Creativity, flexibility, and innovation as a team player.
- Effectiveness as an organizational educator and communicator.
- Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Excellence in problem resolution and consultative sales skills.
- Excellence in people and engagement skills.
- Positive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Openness to continual learning in order to operate in a competitive manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in computer applications, project management and business practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Design, Business or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ of leading design-driven lighting.
Proven Experience In:
- Managing business P&L.
- Creating/leading high performance teams.
- Creating/implementing a “Go-To-Market” plan.
- Demonstrating initiative and self-direction.
- Achieve or exceed annual bookings goal.
- Achieve or exceed annual revenue goal.
- Increase project pipeline year over year.
- Achieve 30% project close rate from pipeline.
- Maintain a high level of designer loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Manage discount and cost to plan.
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please contact Chaz Amidon at [email protected]