Operations Manager (Sutton, MA)
We are currently conducting a search for an Operations Manager on behalf of our client, Source International, a mid-sized manufacturer of seating products for the office furniture industry. As a result of new market strategies and company-wide investments, Source International has grown over 70% in just three years! This customer demand is driving new initiatives to increase the efficiency, production capacity, and product quality for its 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility located in Sutton, MA in order to keep up with the growth.
This is an exciting time for the company and an excellent opportunity for a strong leader to make an enormous impact within a fast-growing and highly-respected company. As part of the Executive Leadership Team, this person will help to set future vision and strategy for the company and will play an integral part in future growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct and manage plant operations for Production, Customer Service, Materials & Planning, Purchasing, and Shipping.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for safety, production, and quality, and standards.
- Monitor and control lead-times to ensure On-time delivery of final product.
- Improve operational metrics and efficiency through effective leadership, deployment of lean and continuous improvement, learning and development initiatives.
- Lead training and compliance of OSHA safety standards.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, and wages. Minimize rework and scrap rates.
- Develop a culture that promotes involvement, communication, expectations, accountability, and passion for excellence.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace or adjust plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Incorporates shop floor organization and plant cleanliness among plant personnel.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to Production Team Lead person(s).
Qualifications and Skills:
- Safety Awareness & Compliance
- Lean Manufacturing
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Engineering.
- Minimum of three to five years’ leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send your resume to Chaz Amidon at [email protected]