North Central Regional Sales Manager – (Detroit, MI)
Do you come from a solid sales/sales management background in contract textiles, contract furniture or architectural products? Are you looking to more fully utilize your strong management skills to lead others to success? On behalf of our client, C.F. Stinson, a leader in innovative high-performance contract textiles, we are seeking a North Central Regional Sales Manager who will be responsible for effective management and training of all sales representatives within the assigned region. An excellent candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in directing and supporting the sales efforts of a minimum of (10) sales reps and successfully increasing market share, sales volume, and profitability. If you are interested in advancing your career with a dynamic and progressive organization, we’d love to hear from you!
- Travel weekly with sales representatives within the region and regularly visits key accounts.
- Monitor and direct the sales activities of all sales representatives to ensure that accounts are maintained with current and complete product catalogs, samples and pricing.
- Regularly monitor daily activities of all sales representatives to ensure compliance with expectations for face-to-face sales calls, timely follow-up on memo sample requests, and daily entries in sales activities in the Contact Management system.
- Regularly engage in product presentations to key accounts as part of the on-going training process for sales representatives.
- Assist sales representatives in research and networking to identify new customer prospects.
- Work with sales representatives to develop and implement tactical sales plans for all existing accounts and identified prospects.
- Responsible for meeting annual sales and profit goals for assigned region and managing all regional sampling and marketing expenses within assigned budget.
- Participate in all training opportunities provided by the company, all regional and national trade shows, and national sales meetings.
- Assist with recruitment and evaluation process for new sales representative prospects.
- Regularly provide field input to Director of Sales regarding competitive issues, product needs, service issues, business conditions and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years prior experience with demonstrated success in one or more of the following related areas working within a 12-15 state area: 1) Regional sales management (textiles) for a minimum of 10 sales reps 2) Regional sales management (commercial furniture, carpet, wall covering, lighting or related interior products) for a minimum of 10 sales reps 3) Regional sales management (laminates, paints, hardware or other furniture components) for a minimum of 10 sales reps 4) Regional sales management with a leading company in a distribution business for a minimum of 10 sales reps
Position will require 75% interstate and international (Canada) travel.
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send your resume to Jeff Mier at [email protected].