New Client Collaboration Consultant (San Francisco, CA)
Are you a highly strategic sales professional with a strong background in managing large national and/or global client accounts? Are you able to understand complex business challenges and build deep relationships at the executive-level? If so, we’d love to speak with you!
Steelcase, the largest office furniture company in the world, is looking for a high-performing sales professional to lead the pursuit and capture of new strategic client relationships with large Fortune 1000 sized companies. A highly successful candidate will convert these relationships into profitable, long-term relationships for Steelcase, channel partners, and the client. The NCCC role requires a strategic approach to new business development by leading with Steelcase research insights and applying those insights and best practices to client business issues. In this role, you will be expected to build strategic client relationships up and across the client organization on a global scale and view the entire enterprise of the client as a possible touch point for opportunity, pulling from the entire Steelcase, Inc. organization or creating a tailored solutions response to the client. As account relationships and business matures, you will orchestrate the successful transition of the relationship to appropriate sales personnel for ongoing support.
- Provide insight and creativity in order to develop effective pricing strategies as an entry point into new accounts.
- High energy & smart with validated bias for execution, speed, and accomplishment.
- Excellent communication skills-presentations, proposals, action plans-as well as negotiation skills and resilience.
- Business insight that can relate to many industries at a business issues level.
- Strong relationship building skills and relationship maturity and confidence. Ability to establish relationships at leadership and strategy levels, as well as build and maintain relationships at local level with area teams.
- Sensitivity to global cultural differences.
- Ability to maintain organized focus and bring a sustained competitive spirit to the role.
- Think strategically and knowing where to go and how to get there. Initiates ideas and action toward them.
- Curious mindset to demonstrate understanding about client’s issues and convey empathy while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Motivated by success while helping other succeed.
- BS/BA degree (business, economics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Ten plus years relevant work experience.
- Background in New Business Development, Account Management and knowledge of local market/area preferred.
Steelcase offers fantastic growth opportunities, a people-oriented culture, and the best training in the industry! If this sounds like a fit, please send your resume to Matt Casburn at [email protected].