New Business Development (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
Are you exceptional at identifying key influencers and hot, new opportunities in the market? Do you thrive on building relationships through networking and 1:1 connections? If so, we’d love to speak with you about an exciting new role in New Business Development on The R.A.D. Team (Real Estate, Architectural, and Design) in the Greater Milwaukee Area.
Our client, Forward Space, is a woman-owned business and a Top 10 authorized Steelcase dealer headquartered in Chicago, IL. Forward Space offers workspace planning, procurement, delivery, installation and on-going maintenance to help propel organizations forward and bring to life the space and environments that are precisely designed for their purpose.
Forward Space has opened a new location in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and we are looking for a hunter who will aggressively identify, track, and manage sales opportunities influenced by the A&D, Real Estate, and Project Management communities. The ideal candidate will work to position Forward Space Account Executives, Account Managers and support staff to successfully complete the sale, installation, and service of products and services offered by the company thereby generating increased market share and customers to Forward Space.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, and build relationships as assigned or directed by the VP of Sales with responsible decision makers at key area Real Estate, A&D, and Project Management firms for the purpose of increasing sales to secure business from immediate and long-range opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies in concert with other Team members for securing project specific opportunities
- Add value to the firms by regularly updating them on knowledge, product and service offerings
- Build and maintain strong relationships with major product manufactures in order to partner and market their products to the Real Estate, A&D and Project Management customers
- Understand and promote the sales teams and processes from customer quotation, through order fulfillment to successful receipt of customer invoice payment for products and services delivered
- Utilize and assist with furthering the Forward Space marketing programs
- Participate in tracking and maintaining opportunities and lead status. This includes coordinating them with other team members and keeping the Marketing Department up to date, thereby reinforcing the customer resource management (CRM) database/spreadsheets
- Develop and maintain exemplary knowledge of manufacturers’ products and systems for application and presentation to customers
- Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem-solving ability and follow through
- Works well in a multi-task environment and organization
- Diplomatic, energetic, polished professional appearance
- Goal-oriented and motivated to succeed
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- PC Skills: Microsoft Windows including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- BA/BS degree preferred with emphasis on sales and marketing or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 4 years successful experience in lead generation sales with 2-3 years of industry experience considered as a plus
- Design experience/background or furniture dealership experience considered a plus
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please contact Chaz Amidon at [email protected].