The Vice President of Family Services is responsible for comprehensive oversight, and strategic alignment of adoption, foster care, independent living, and family preservation programs. This position ensures the effective implementation of initiatives and a commitment to family-centered approaches to advance child welfare programs within the broader organizational programmatic framework.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Provide strategic direction and leadership for the organization’s family services programs.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of adoption, foster care, independent living, and family preservation services as well as any new initiatives within the family services continuum of care.
Team Management and Development
- Provide supervision, coaching, mentorship, and support to program directors and staff within the family services department.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, inclusion (IDEA), and continuous improvement.
- Identify and support the collective and individual development of team members.
- Ensures the Family Service team is equipped in evidence-based, best practice standards.
- Identify opportunities for expanding and enhancing child and family services to meet the evolving needs of the community.
- Identify opportunities and coordinate initiatives with other Samaritas programs (i.e. Housing and/or Behavioral Health) to meet the needs of those in care.
- Develop and implement innovative programs that improve outcomes for children and families.
Collaboration and Partnerships
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build partnerships that strengthen the support network for children and families.
- Represent the organization in child welfare networks, collaborations, and advocacy initiatives, as directed.
- Implement and oversee quality assurance initiatives and program improvement processes for family services.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant licensing, accreditation, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop, manage and meet the budget for family services, ensuring responsible allocation of resources to achieve program effectiveness and sustainability.
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities to support program growth.
Data and Outcomes Monitoring
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators to assess program effectiveness. Initiate actions and make necessary, swift adjustments to ensure program meets established outcomes.
- Prepare regular reports on the impact of child and family services and present to the executive team and funders.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Child Development, or a related field required with full licensure in the state of Michigan.
- Proven track record of progressively responsible experience in child and family services, including experience in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated success in program development, implementation, evaluation, and outcome achievement.
- Strong knowledge of child welfare policies, adoption processes, foster care, and family preservation.
- Knowledge in COA standards, evidence-based practices, residential treatment and Independent Living programs is preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
Samaritas has retained, recruiting partner, Palladian West to perform the search and manage the interview process. If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send your resume to Daisy Romo at firstname.lastname@example.org.