VP of Business Development
On behalf of our client, dHive, we are conducting a search for a Vice President of Business Development in the South Florida market, primarily focused on Miami.
dHive is a US-based manufacturer of innovative glass fronts and demountable wall systems. The VP of Business Development will drive dHive’s strategic growth efforts, representing the company and its products to the design community, general contractors, project management firms, and end-user customers.
This role will lead pipeline-building and new business activities, in addition to boosting organic revenue from dHive’s existing client base in the market. Ideal candidates will have proven, industry-relevant experience so as to quickly identify opportunities, create solutions, and develop effective selling strategies.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
Lead Generation (45%)
- Accelerate dHive’s introduction to A+D firms, client representatives, GCs, contract furniture dealers, and GSA (if applicable).
- Find new projects and opportunities for product sales.
- Enhance current sales efforts by reinforcing relationships with existing contacts and customers.
- Organize and evaluate all opportunities within the territory in order to effectively report and forecast sales.
- Manage leads and opportunities generated at trade shows and other marketing events.
- Direct sales efforts to meet annual growth goals in the market.
- Manage opportunities with A+D, client representatives, GCs, contract furniture dealers, and GSA. Follow up on opportunities to increase sales figures.
- Create strategies to increase market share by effectively targeting competitors.
- Identify new market and product opportunities.
- Communicate frequently with dHive senior management on the development of opportunities in the territory.
- Consult with management when opportunities veer outside standard product offerings or beyond approved pricing structures.
- Coordinate appointments for routine management visits to the territory.
- Provide relevant pipeline reports for planning and forecasting.
- Report on sales metrics, market progress, and overall territory performance.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4-5 years (+) senior-level outside sales experience in a commercial interiors industry; in-depth industry and market knowledge are key.
- Proven track record of growing revenue and developing diverse revenue channels, particularly through A+D.
- Demonstrated experience of achieving year-over-year pipeline and project sales results.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency, while juggling multiple priorities.
- Ability to develop and execute a market sales strategy.
- High levels of business acumen and interpersonal skills.