From small startups to global corporations, Splice provides project management services that stand out from the rest. Their humble approach delivered by experts who love doing what it takes to make incredible projects come to life are the hustle behind how real estate truly works.
The Senior Director of Project Management is a highly detail-oriented role that is responsible for leading a team, identifying areas of improvement, supporting internal/external stakeholders and effectively communicating across all functions. They will oversee program details and lead a team to meet client deliverables and maintain successful and fruitful client relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading a team of Project Managers that will oversee projects within the assigned geography. This includes, leading the consistency and quality of team communications, direction, implementation, coordination, execution and complete completion of cross-functional projects.
- Mentor direct reports, manage team development, and provide direction and support
- In conjunction with colleagues and senior management, this role is responsible for setting agenda and developing training philosophy, including successful execution throughout the team and ensuring team alignment with cross-functional leadership goals and company initiatives
- Ensure adherence to established Project Management methodology, policies and SOPs, contracts and budgets but also, collaborating with colleagues, to develop and implement new and improved processes related to program and project planning, budgeting, controls and management
- As a Director, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes, adding value to our business and meeting client needs
- Direct, manage and ensure collaboration within a team of managers in the planning, execution and governance of projects/portfolios
- Manage the resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met along with overing the tracking of project deliverables using appropriate tools (developing them as necessary)
- Provide technical support and guidance (including scope definition, risk identification and mitigation, resource planning, goals and deliverables) to assigned PM staff
- Identify and resolve issues that impact project scope, resources, schedule or budget through standard methods and communicate these to senior management.
- Understand and manage project/program inter-dependencies to achieve program milestones/deliverables
- Performing timely cost controls and change management activities throughout the project life cycle
- Ensuring that post-contract cost variances and change control processes are managed effectively
- Ensuring that purchase orders are negotiated and agreed in alignment with controls and governance in a timely manner
- Conduct evaluations and assessment and implement required changes for all projects (including mid-project recovery of at risk Projects, re-scoping, postponement, or cancellation)
- Keeps business partners, clients, and business-unit leadership and all stakeholders regularly informed of project/program progress, risks and issues through periodic reporting
- Measure and report PM KPIs and lead continuous improvement along with compiling as built cost estimate records for benchmarking purposes
- Contribute to the Splice model built on strong teamwork, frequent and transparent inter and intra divisional communication, continuous process improvement, metrics management and global team harmonization
- Travel (approximately 10%) domestic
Qualifications + Requirements
- 10+ years Project Management experience in design and construction field, preferred
- Experience leading a team of Project Managers, highly preferred
- Some or combination of experience in facility management, construction project management, program management, owner’s rep, and/or senior FF&E project management
- Proven track record of growing and developing staff
- Expert knowledge of project and program management methods and tools for documenting and tracking of scope, schedules, and budgets
- Expert written and verbal communication
- Ability to act independently and make critical decisions
- Excellent organization and time management skills for self and team
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for customer service
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Deadline-driven, self-motivated work ethic
- Have strong business acumen, that include departmental budgeting, forecasting and creating KPI’s
- Process standardization, process improvement and process design experience
- Performance metric design and development experience
- Action Oriented & Accountability: Welcomes new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. Holds self and others accountable to ensure projects are completed according to scope, within budget and on time. Willingness to take on additional projects as needed. Ability to proactively identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Relationship Management & Teamwork: Leverages interpersonal skills to establish rapport and develop professional relationships both internally and externally. Capability to collaborate, encourage and learn from others. Ability to influence without authority across different teams. Provides guidance to onsite crew as needed. Dedication and commitment to promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in all work activities. Collaborate in diverse teams to foster productive outcomes.
- Time Management & Detail: Capability to balance tasks when priorities shift. Excellent time management skills. Must have strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy for project deliverables.
- Problem Solving: Approach obstacles with an analytical, creative and solutions focused mindset. Provides meaningful insights from analyzing and evaluating feedback and data. Ability to be flexible and work autonomously through unique scenarios and gray areas. Capability to identify points of escalation and engage appropriate parties. Relentlessly solve through all projects and potential setbacks.
If this seems like an excellent fit for you, please send a cover letter and resume to
Meredith Maczka at email@example.com.