Do you have a passion for outside sales? Are you a self-starter with a competitive drive? Do you possess exceptional organizational and time management skills? If so, we’d love to speak with you! On behalf of our client, Vari®, we are looking for an experienced, energetic, and goal-oriented Sales Executive to add to their Outside Sales Team in Kansas City, KS and Austin, TX. This position is a full-time, client-facing sales role, with a focus on selling, promoting, and championing the Vari breadth of products to end-users, commercial real estate brokers, and A&D influencers.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Executive team is to help grow revenue in a defined market by creating awareness of Vari’s capabilities and solutions through hunting for business, delivering presentations, engaging in space projects, and networking in the marketplace. The Sales Executive will also be responsible for cultivating Vari fans by simplifying the furniture buying process. The ideal candidate is highly networked in the local market and passionate about solution selling to C-Suite Executives, Business End-Users, Commercial Real Estate Brokers, Project Managers, and Architecture and Design Firms.
Vari started by developing the world’s leading sit-stand desk converter to help a coworker with back pain, but now they are so much more than a desk. They are flexible workspace solutions made simple and installed fast. From a collection of office furniture to workspaces offering space-as-a-service, Vari provides everything high-growth businesses need to unlock the potential of their workforce. Today, they have over 3 million fans worldwide. Vari has shipped products to more than 120 countries, and their solutions are in 98% of Fortune 500 companies.
Who You Are
- Raise the bar by taking the initiative to achieve results and make excellence your goal.
- Create lifelong fans by making customer experience your top priority.
- Are authentic and say what you mean, share how you feel, and are your true self.
- Are a team player and foster a sense of community by recognizing and valuing the unique contributions of our team.
- Believe it’s possible and look at challenges optimistically – seeing opportunities to bring solutions to the table.
- Embrace change and recognize the industry and the company is evolving.
What You'll Do
- Identify business opportunities through various prospects including existing relationships with end users
- Serve as the primary sales contact for potential customers, understanding their needs and leading the creation of a solution
- Lead sales process and be product and solution expert that can be aligned with solving customers pain points
- Leverage Territory Account Manager teammates (inside sales) to advance account relationships and qualify new business opportunities
- Participate actively in networking and market events
- Meet provided sales targets on a quarterly and annual basis
- Manage CRM / Salesforce pipeline and activities
How You'll Get There
- 5-10+ years experience in the contract furniture industry working in a client-facing role in sales, business development, and/or account management
- Strong outside sales professional with proven track record of consistently meeting sales targets
- Self-starter with drive, self-control, and self-accountability
- High-level relationship builder with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to empathize and understand customers’ needs and pain points
- Strong business acumen, communication, and presentation skills across all mediums
- Robust negotiation skills and know-how
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Positive attitude, adaptable, resilient, and strategic
- Goal-oriented and competitive, able to balance short-term and long-term goals
Submit your resume. Tell us a little bit about yourself.