Regional Sales Director
On behalf of our client, Vari, we are conducting a search for a Regional Sales Director to
lead a team of sales executives in the Washington, D.C., and Baltimore markets.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for the profit/loss for the team and the region.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for hunting new customers and coordinating and supporting the
“hunting” and “farming” efforts of local market sales executives. The Regional Sales
Director is focused on building relationships with customers and real-estate influencers,
while mentoring sales executives.
This role will lead pipeline-building and new business activities, in addition to boosting
organic revenue from dHive’s existing client base in the market. Ideal candidates will have
proven, industry-relevant experience so as to quickly identify opportunities, create
solutions, and develop effective selling strategies.
Who you are
- Raise the bar by taking the initiative to achieve results and make excellence your goal.
- Create lifelong fans by making customer experience your top priority.
- Authentic and say what you mean, share how you feel, and are your true self.
- A team player and foster a sense of community by recognizing and valuing the unique contributions of our team.
- Believe it’s possible and look at challenges optimistically – seeing opportunities to bring solutions to the table.
- Embrace change and recognize the industry and the company is evolving.
What you'll do
- Responsible for profit/loss for a market and growing market share.
- Lead, motivate, and develop high performing sales teams in major metropolitan area.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top sales talent.
- Demonstrate strategic leadership and help teams focus on highest value opportunities.
- Accurately forecast sales revenue and delivers business results.
- Identify strategic accounts by actively networking and building relationships.
- Sell the full suite of Vari® products including desktop and Full Office products through solution-selling techniques. Additionally, actively discuss “tract homes” and VariSpace.
- Collaborate with HQ-based leadership, marketing, and other teams.
How you'll get there
- 10-15+ years leading sales teams and working in a relevant sales, business development, account management, and/or sales executive role (or equivalent).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting sales quotas and helping teams meet their quotas.
- Ability to empathize and understand the customer needs and pain points.
- Robust negotiation skillset and know-how.
- Strong strategic perspective to establish and guide short-term and long-term sales goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate through all mediums (verbal, listening, written).
Vari started by developing the world’s leading sit-stand converter to help a coworker with back pain, but now they are so much more than a desk. They are flexible workspace solutions made simple and installed fast. From a collection of office furniture to workspaces offering space-as-a-service, Vari provides everything high-growth businesses need to unlock the potential of their workforce. Today, they have over 3 million fans worldwide. Vari has shipped products to more than 120 countries, and their solutions are in 98% of Fortune 500 companies.