Product Performance & Market Development Manager
Landscape Forms |
On behalf of our client, Landscape Forms, we are conducting a search for a newly created role: a Product Performance & Market Development Manager.
Landscape Forms is the industry leader in integrated solutions of high-design site furniture, advanced LED lighting, structure, and custom environments. They have helped clients achieve beautiful, functional landscapes that enhance the experience of the outdoors for more than 50 years, driven by their emphasis on Design, Culture, and Craft.
This role will be responsible for building and leading the Product Performance and Market Development Team. It will do so by supporting current forecasted business, recognizing gaps in Landscape Forms’ portfolio offering, recommending product additions to drive growth based on market need, reviving sales of slow-moving product families, and realizing cost-saving opportunities to improve profitability. Over time, building a team of product experts that will support and drive the growth of Landscape Forms will be essential for success.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Collaborate in Corporate Strategy, Planning and Search Teams.
- Participate with the Executive Leadership Team in product development suggestions.
- Develop a strong team of product and industry experts.
- Lead by example, visibly and consistently employing the company’s Scanlon Principles.
- Be an effective organizational educator and communicator.
- Work with Marketing, Engineer and Sales to manage the development of new products, product lifecycle management, promotion and product discontinuation.
- Build and lead a team of product experts with a focus on Traditional and Classic Products.
- Analyze current customer base and sales trends within the channel, then develop action and communication plans to grow sales.
- Analyze competitors and document strengths and weaknesses of the product features, quality and pricing both for internal product reviews and sales.
- Develop channel strategy with sales leadership for classic products.
- Develop launch strategy for cost-reduced products for classic products.
- Develop focused Marketing Plans to grow sales for traditional products.
- Bring customer perspective for new product ideas.
- Analyze the current customer base before developing and implementing plans to sales for new products through the Sales Team and Focus Programs.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Design, Marketing, Finance or Sales.
- 3-5 years successful and applicable selling and/or product or portfolio management experience in a related industry.
- Proficient in computer applications, project management and business practices.
- Proven history demonstrating initiative and self-direction.
- Excellent people and engagement skills.
- Positive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Open to continual learning in order to operate in a competitive selling environment.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, solve problems with many variables, and apply common sense.
- Must possess a high level of communication, both verbally and through written reports for a variety of disciplines.
- Ability to give clear instruction regarding technical data to both technical and non-technical audiences; for example, engineers, vendors, clients, contractors, sales representatives, management team members and production personnel.