On behalf of our client, Pennell CPA , we are seeking a Principal who is high energy, detailed, and internally motivated. Successful candidates are CPA’s with multiple years of experience. This person will work closely with mid-market companies and their individuals to provide tax, accounting, and support solutions while growing their skills and career.
The Principal position will assist with overseeing the team to provide support; provide leadership that ensures all policies, processes, and procedures are being practiced while achieving a high level of internal and external customer service and accountability.
Pennell is a rapidly growing firm that provides meaningful work in a fun, and team-oriented environment. We are located in a beautiful, newly remodeled office with flexible work arrangements.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Achieve performance measures as outlined in the budget.
- Possesses extensive knowledge and experience with tax planning
- Review and complete the most complicated S-Corporation, C-Corporation, Partnership, Trust, and Individual tax returns efficiently.
- Identify and train key technical areas of growth and development for the team.
- Challenge the team to work towards excellence, efficiency and a high level of internal and external customer service in everything we do.
- Work in conjunction with partners to determine priorities for the team.
- Ensure adequate communication of critical information throughout the team.
- Provide ongoing informal performance reviews with each team member.
- Understand, follow, and hold the team accountable to the processes and procedures in place that ensure coordination, collaboration and success.
- Assist with sustaining a culture that is fun, healthy, vibrant, hardworking, focused and provides opportunities for growth.
- Execution of assigned projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability to promote and represent the company outside of the organization.
- Staff management.
Qualifications + Requirements
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Experience in management and/or leadership
- Relevant certification
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with a diverse range of clients and employees
- Ability to manage, train, motivate and practice accountability.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send your resume to Reed Schuitema at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your resume. Tell us a little bit about yourself.