On behalf of our client, Virco, we are conducting a search for a PlanSCAPE Specialist (Design Consultant), who will serve as the point of contact during the selling and project development process as the expert in space plan and vendor partner product for large scale k-12 school design projects.
Reporting to Virco’s National Sales Manager of PlanSCAPE Group, the PlanSCAPE Specialist will work alongside the Territory and/or Regional Sales Manager to develop a positive and successful project plan to meet customer’s expectations. They will also serve as an expert in a specific functional aspect of design and work closely with vendor partners to develop the best-selling tools for the field sales force. The PlanSCAPE Specialist will be the National Sales Groups point of contact on all questions, suggestions, and recommendations as it relates to their area of expertise, including review and sign off of projects managed by other team members that include complicated non-Virco products within their area of expertise.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Promotes and utilizes the PlanSCAPE concept for furniture, fixture and equipment planning in the education furnishing market.
- Works in conjunction with the PlanSCAPE Designer to assist Territory Sales Representatives and Regional Sales Managers in promoting and selling the PlanSCAPE program and conducts training sessions, as needed.
- Provides technical assistance regarding product offerings, strategies, preparing bid specifications, and preparing budget analysis for customers.
- Industry expert as it relates to the market segment, they are responsible for. Including attending market specific tradeshows, workshops, and professional development organizations.
- Manages assigned vendor partners, along with the Director of PlanSCAPE.
- Meets with manufacturer representatives in order to establish proper rapport and working relationships with receptive manufacturers.
- Assists with tradeshows and manages large construction projects and related FF&E purchases.
- Coordinates projects between sales representatives and the end user.
- Presentation skills to sell, promote and close large scale PlanSCAPE project opportunities and / or conduct sales training opportunities.
- Final sign-off on any project or opportunity that includes product in their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, reviewing layouts and worksheets on projects, bids, or RFP’s not directly responsible for.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent plus at least 5 years of prior experience in commercial or institutional furniture sales.
- Professional accreditation required, (i.e. IIDA / ASID).
- Must be able to master current design software, (i.e. AutoCAD / Revit).
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.
- Prefer someone with extensive depth of knowledge of educational furniture and equipment products and services.
- Must have excellent computer skills, good basic mathematical skills, good analytical abilities as well as the ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills and the ability to multi-take many large projects with a wide cycle time are required.
- Must be willing to travel as needed for training, trade shows and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design preferred.
If this seems like an excellent fit for you, please send a cover letter and resume to
Ashley Myers at email@example.com.
Submit your resume. Tell us a little bit about yourself.