Director of Inside Sales
On behalf of our client, Vari, we are conducting a search for a Director of Inside Sales with demonstrated experience successfully building a data-driven, results oriented inside sales culture within a complex B2B and B2C environment. This person must be able to partner with outside sales leadership to create a cohesive team selling environment, have the ability to build upon the current culture, and elevate inside sales managers through experience, leadership, and hands on engagement.
Who You Are
- Raise the bar by taking the initiative to achieve results and make excellence your goal.
- Create lifelong fans by making customer experience your top priority.
- Are authentic and say what you mean, share how you feel, and are your true self.
- Are a team player and foster a sense of community by recognizing and valuing the unique contributions of our team.
- Believe it’s possible and look at challenges optimistically – seeing opportunities to bring solutions to the table.
- Embrace change and recognize the industry and the company is evolving.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for driving sales functions to achieve critical business objectives.
- Assist in development of strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for Vari.
- Provide strong sales leadership in a fast growing, entrepreneurial culture.
- Design and implement key metrics to define optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success.
- Execute and align reporting, training, and incentive programs with performance management priorities.
- Provide thought leadership to the sales organization and its leadership.
- Drive accountability to results by monitoring KPIs which will ensure success.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and lead through change.
- Experience with development of sales teams and managers to show career pathing within the sales organization.
How You'll Get There
- Minimum 8 years of progressive sales experience and 5 years upper management leadership experience.
- Sales leadership is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Business development mindset focused on aggressively growing our fan base.
- Have a vision and ability to predict the needs of our fan base to stay ahead of the industry.
- Experience with BI reports and deep experience in Salesforce.com is a required.
- Furniture industry experience is highly preferred.
- Strong emotional intelligence with experience managing through change.
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with advanced analytical and complex problem-solving skills; with ability to sense market changes and adjust strategies, realign tactics, and adjust annual strategic sales plan accordingly.
- Strong, tested sales leadership in high growth organizations, with a successful track record in driving growth in revenue, number of active customers, and lifetime value of customers.
- Demonstrated experience in contracting, negotiations, and change management.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and influence across different functional areas such as marketing and operations in a highly collaborative and open manner.
- Significant experience communicating with C-Level executives.
- Authentic, energetic leader with exceptional overall people skills, having the ability to motivate and inspire others to raise the bar.
We started by developing the world’s leading sit-stand desk converter to help a coworker with back pain, but now we are so much more than a desk. We are flexible workspace solutions made simple and installed fast.
From a collection of office furniture to workspaces offering space-as-a-service, we provide everything high-growth businesses need to unlock the potential of their workforce. Today, we have over 3 million fans worldwide. We have shipped products to more than 120 countries, and our solutions are in 98% of Fortune 500 companies.
We promote a company culture that encourages diversity, creativity, innovation, and inclusion. Vari has become one of the most innovative, forward-thinking companies in the world. We’re growing quickly, so our company is fast-paced and exciting, but also friendly and supportive. Our employee benefits package includes medical, dental, and 401k, but also profit sharing, education reimbursement, and wellness perks, like an onsite gym.
We are award winners:
- Work at a “Best Place to Work” – FORTUNE Magazine
- Grow with the “National Entrepreneur of the Year” – EY
- Be part of the “Fastest Growing Company in DFW” – SMU
- Learn from award-winning leadership – Most Admired CEO (Dallas Business Journal), CMO of the Year (American Marketing Association), Outstanding CFO – Large Private Company (DCEO)
We want you to be happier and healthier:
- Your own Active Workspace
- On-site gym with Peloton cycles and a spa-like locker room
- Group fitness classes – from bootcamps to yoga
- Meditation and chair massage pods
- Subsidized healthy food from Fresh Café
- Outstanding overall total rewards package
- Wellness program and insurance premium discounts
- Nicotine-free facility
We value our employees:
- Community Team that cares
- Enhanced paternity / maternity programs
- 401k and profit-sharing plan
- Paid personal time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Team building events on and off site
- Mentoring and career development
- Gourmet coffee bar
- Education reimbursement
- Short-term and long-term disability premiums covered at 100% by Vari
**Vari provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.