On behalf of our client, Ronald McDonald House Charities West Michigan, we are seeking a Development Director who will be responsible for creating and implementing a comprehensive fundraising strategy to sustain and strengthen the organization. The position leads the annual campaign, major gifts, endowment, capital, and planned giving activities while cultivating and nurturing donors at all levels. Additionally, they will oversee a diversified grant program, planned giving, corporate sponsorships, and growing corporate engagement. They will provide supervision and support to database management.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Lives the values of RMHC WM.
- Works with Executive Director to set specific fund development goals, measure outcomes, and adjust activity through annual budget to meet goals. Today, our funds are raised through individual gifts (20%), corporate gifts and sponsorships (25%), grants (15%), Round-up program from McDonald’s stores (26%). We are not funded by McDonald’s Corporation.
- Implements the annual fund development program to achieve or exceed goals to raise operating income. Engages staff, committee members, Board of Directors, and volunteers with fundraising initiatives.
- Stewards the portfolio of donors from all funding types. Executes a donor recognition plan. Conducts tours for existing, new and prospective donors, volunteers, and community members.
- Develops strong relationships with companies to solicit event sponsorships, in-kind donations, volunteers, and individual donors. Works together with the Volunteer Manager to engage companies in the RMH mission.
- Oversees the Development and Grants Manager who is responsible for the donor database, grants, Red Shoe Society and Planned Giving. Will set the hiring strategy to manage the McDonald’s relationship with independent owner/operators associated with West Michigan. Oversees the management of the donor information database to ensure accurate record keeping and timely donor recognition. Maintain compliance with state and federal laws governing non-profit solicitation and tax deduction records for donors.
- Works together with the Marketing Sr Manager to develop relevant content for all communications related to donor development. Represents RMHWM as a speaker and presenter to external audiences. works with Marketing on donor mailings.
- Engages West Michigan McDonald’s Restaurants in Round Up which benefits RMHC West Michigan. Develops relationships with McDonald Owner/Operators to execute the promotional periods to maximize round-up and other McDonald’s led promotions.
- Work cohesively with staff and volunteers.
- Perform other duties incidental to the work outlined in this position description as requested by the Executive Director.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; post-graduate work in non-profit administration, marketing/sales or related field of study
- Minimum of five years fund development experience in a non-profit setting or other related field
- 5-7 years leadership/management experience in progressively responsible positions
- Track record of success meeting with fund development efforts with multiple stakeholders and agendas
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive and motivational relationships with co-workers, Board members, donors, volunteers, vendors, corporate and community partners
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to prepare and manage budgets
- Flexible, diplomatic, trustworthy, creative, poised and professional
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Exceed, QuickBooks, and social media
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send your resume to Angela Nixon at email@example.com.
Submit your resume. Tell us a little bit about yourself.