Catholic Charities West Michigan |
On behalf of our client, Catholic Charities West Michigan, we are seeking a Clinical Supervisor who will be responsible for the supervision and coordination of clinical staff activities at The Kolbe Center, a first of its kind in the county substance abuse detox center. The Clinical Supervisor assists in the development of Behavioral Health policies and procedures, provides therapeutic services to individuals, couples, families, or groups, and represents the Agency with referral, funding, and community stakeholders.
Catholic Charities West Michigan is a community-based agency providing programs in Western Michigan and offering a variety of services ranging from prevention and education to crisis intervention. All programs are designed to help families and individuals succeed. They are committed to serving the best interests of their clients, representing a diverse population, including persons of all faiths, with particular emphasis on service to persons with low income and outreach to diverse ethnic backgrounds.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises, develops, and provides direct oversite to Program Aide, Peer Support and Therapist staff members including evaluating their work performance.
- Assists with all aspects of recruiting and retaining clinical staff to include, but not limited to; interviewing, hiring, staff development, mentorship, supervision, performance evaluation and time card management.
- Directs clinical operations at assigned work sites; implements and monitors program services.
- Ensures clients are treated with dignity and respect.
- Develops Behavioral Health service policies, procedures, and clinical protocols.
- Responsible compliance to and the ability to teach program policies, procedures and regulations.
- Informs the Program Director of any issues pertaining to contract or performance issues that are not in accordance with acceptable social work practice.
- Manages the budget, clinical programs and program audits.
- Keeps direct reports up to date on any programmatic changes in policy, structure, and clients through supervision and staff meetings.
- Completes and maintains direct reports work schedules, assuring all shifts are covered.
- Ensures incident reports are completed within the same shift services were rendered or incident occurred. Processes and reviews incident reports; implements corrective action as needed.
- Participates as an active member of the treatment team.
- Maintains client records and monitors documentation quality, timeliness, and compliance in accordance with licensing, contractual, accreditation, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Conducts staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Provides counseling, psycho-educational services, screenings and/or psychotherapy and diagnostic assessments per licensure capacity.
- Attends trainings related to substance use, mental health, and co-occurring disorders; trains staff members on new developments.
- Coordinates services with nursing and recovery support staff to assist clients with community integration, goal setting, and wellness as part of aftercare planning.
- Provides case consultation within the agency and with community resources.
- Plans and provides client educational presentations as requested.
- Maintains productivity expectations.
- Provides emergency assistance as needed to clients and participates in on-call rotation.
- Participates in client team meetings and Agency supervisory meetings.
- Participates in mental health and substance use disorder development activities.
- Performs other special assignments as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or Counseling from an accredited college or university is required.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in substance use, mental health or co-occurring disorders required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- State of Michigan professional license is required.
- Valid State of Michigan driver’s license with zero driving restrictions is required.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification or be CPR, First Aid, and AED certifiable is required if providing in-patient substance use disorder services.
- Michigan Certification Board for Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) Certified Advance Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CAADC) Certificate or MCBAP CAADC Development Plan is required if providing Substance Use Disorder Services.
- MCBAP Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS) Certificate or MCBAP CCS Development Plan is required if providing Substance Use Disorder Services.
- Must maintain $100,000 to $300,000 bodily injury liability insurance coverage to be eligible for Agency mileage reimbursement.
- Bi-lingual; Spanish-Speaking individual preferred, however, not required.
- Knowledge of substance use, mental health and co-occurring programs, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations related to those programs.
- Must compose self and their practice under the Code of Ethics of their profession.
- Knowledge of computer systems and relevant software.
- Ability to relate to diverse populations and cultures while communicating with clients and the public in an effective manner.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with other health professionals and leaders from other disciplines.
- Ability to communicate with outside agencies while maintaining HIPAA, Mental Health Code, and 42 CFR, Part 2 requirements.
- Ability to work independently and execute good judgment.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports, make presentations and maintain records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours which includes evenings and holidays.
- Must respond to Agency emergencies when on-call or contacted by the Agency answering service.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours including evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Must submit to Agency approved background checks.
This position is primarily office based, however, on occasion may require travel to other Agency offices
and/or client homes as required by position responsibilities and/or Agency management.