On behalf of our client, Re-Bath, we are conducting a search for an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to be a critical partner to the CEO and leadership team, providing data and insights to inform and drive the business.
In addition to financial operations, accounting, and finance, s/he will be the chief financial spokesperson for the organization with lenders and investors. The CFO reports directly to the CEO and assists all other functional areas on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, business performance optimization, and franchise support.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Partner with the executive team to aggressively support all business initiatives through data, controls, and thought leadership in financial management and reporting. Work with the senior leadership to optimize business performance, rationalize investments and support value creation through cost management and disciplined management practices.
- Manage finance functions: planning, accounting, financial operations, payroll, tax, audit, treasury, and financial systems (Netsuite). Work closely with finance and operating management to ensure timely and accurate P&L and reporting at an enterprise and franchise level.
- Lead the annual and long-term strategy and budget planning processes; ensure timely and appropriate KPIs and reporting processes in place.
- Provide timely, accurate and comprehensive reporting, analysis and scorecards to our franchisees and in support of the Agile Manufacturing division to support ongoing operating effectiveness and profitability. Act as a conduit for analysis and support to franchisees and for business development efforts of internal new franchise agreements.
- Oversee the preparation and approval of all financial and fiscal reporting materials including materials for Company’s board, management, divisions, and third parties (auditors, lenders, etc.) organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets, cash flow projections on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis (as necessary).
- Ensure compliance and controls in place regarding GAAP, cash, tax, expenses, purchases, payroll, rebates, etc.
- Coordinate all audit activities and tax preparation; monitor banking activities of the company.
- Manage the HR and legal functions, and partner with IT to ensure appropriate data and internal business systems in place. Build talent capability and ensure succession for key positions. Ensure appropriate business continuity and compliance planning in place.
- Manage relationships with third-party lenders and financing sources to ensure adequate cash flow needs of the Company are met.
Qualifications + Requirements
- CFO will be a seasoned leader with +15 years of broad finance functional experience, including businesses with significant multi-unit and/or franchise operations. Ideally, the candidate has experience managing finance, HR, and legal, within start-up and/or high growth environments.
- Familiarity with franchisor-franchisee business models, home renovation or related industry a plus.
- A minimum of a BS; CPA/MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills, a natural sense of curiosity, and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model. Commercially savvy, with demonstrated success building and using data for decision support.
- Passionate about the power of data and business analytics, and a savvy user of BI tools.
- A collaborative and low-ego style that translates well in a pragmatic and very results focused operational environment, a team player and, a strong partner to the CEO, leadership team, and franchisees.
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, high growth environment.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills, and experience with formal presentations in conferences.
*This position will be based out of Re-Bath’s headquarters in Phoenix, AZ.