On behalf of our client, Visual Comfort (formerly Circa Lighting), we are conducting a search for a Business Development Specialist who will call on Residential Builders in the Los Angeles market.
This role, backed by the support of a West Hollywood boutique showroom, is responsible for growing Visual Comfort’s business and achieving sales targets within Los Angeles County. It will focus on identifying and partnering with new customers, as well as cultivating business with existing customers. The BDS is a key sales position with responsibility for driving significant growth for the organization. Target customers include: residential home builders, interior designers, architects, home technology integrators and electrical contractors. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, they will work as part of a broader team that will help enable customer acquisition, growth and retention.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, while leveraging other sales, marketing and operational resources to assist in solution development or implementation.
- Ability to access existing and target customers; conduct 16 face to face sales calls per week
- Ability to effectively present Visual Comfort’s value proposition in order to influence customers
- Network with architects, builders and designers through involvement in trade associations
- Adept at managing existing customers to ensure retention and continued sales growth.
- Uses proprietary CRM to manage a priority-based schedule with existing and target customers
- Develop a strong knowledge of Visual Comfort’s product offering, service value propositions, and operating systems
- Capable of analyzing and interpreting data to drive decision making
Qualifications + Requirements
- 5 years of sales experience in consultative sales environment
- 3+ years’ experience in custom home building products, interior design, luxury home furnishings and/or lighting industry required
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) required
- Proven track record of cultivating relationships and achieving sales goals
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Superior communication, presentation and organization skills
- Passion for design and construction markets
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Independent, proactive and self-motivated person who will offer exceptional service to our customers
- Ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation
- Proficient computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite of software, including word processing, presentations, spreadsheets, and Outlook. Experience with a CRM system preferred
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex distribution channels
- Able to quickly develop rapport and credibility
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send a cover letter and resume to Kirsten Herich at email@example.com.