On behalf of our client, Matter Contract, we are conducting a search for an A+D Sales Representative who will develop business primarily in the San Francisco and Oakland markets of the Bay Area.
Matter Contract is a Seattle-based manufacturers’ rep group that has expanded in the Northwest over the past several years, selling to the Architecture and Design community with a focus on furniture, textiles, acoustics and area rugs for the contract furnishings market. (Workplace, Hospitality, Multifamily, and Healthcare.)
This A+D Representative is a new role to the Matter team. They will be a high-energy, connected sales rep from the commercial design community. They also have a unique opportunity to build a territory from the ground-up, with a solid set of brands backed by an established, well-respected rep group. Matter’s lines are an extension of its own brand and reputation, with a team of self-starters who love what they do and work well together.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Deliver presentations to architects, designers, dealers, purchasing agents, owner’s representatives, and end users.
- Provide physical sample deliveries and library updates (textiles, finishes, literature, etc.) Manage all sample inventory.
- Network and stay involved with industry organizations, such as IIDA, NEWH, NAIOP, CoreNet, and CREW.
- Serve as the San Francisco-Oakland brand ambassador for Matter and of its manufacturer partners.
- Maintain updated customer information, including contact data, special interests, and follow-up items.
- Attend trade shows and host designers and dealers (1-2 per year).
- Strategize and execute impactful business development activities, including events, meet-ups, and other touchpoints increasing their connectivity with their customer channels.
- Work closely with Matter’s Pacific Northwest Team on marketing and sales initiatives.
- Create and maintain quotes and orders.
- Travel occasionally to Seattle for company-wide strategy meetings.
Qualifications + Requirements
- 3-5 years of design and/or sales experience. Top candidates will love and live in the design industry. Relevant industry experience, including having an eye for design, is a must.
- Well-connected with A+D firms and dealerships in the geography (San Francisco, Oakland, North Bay, Peninsula).
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial drive. They will own this territory, and they will hit the ground running.
- Demonstrated history of providing outstanding customer service—a quick and accurate responder to the customer.
- A problem-solver (“not just a talking head”) for the customer.
- Personality traits that include: being a team player, highly motivated, organized, an independent working style, strong follow-up skills, a positive perspective, a respectful attitude, and a clear communicator.
- Ability to attend outside-of-working-hours industry events or prospect meetings.
- Knowledge of CAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch-Up, and CRM software are preferred but not required.
- Experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Ability to solve problems that are varying in complexity.
- Adaptable and a “roll their sleeves up” mentality.
- Must have a vehicle that can accommodate transporting furniture, lighting, and marketing materials.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.