Forward Space |
On behalf of our client, Forward Space, we are conducting a search for Account Executives to join their growing team. One role will be focused on generating business in the Education (K12) segment, while the other role will be dedicated to the corporate/mid-market arena and will call on A+D, CRE channels and end users.
The Account Executive’s primary responsibility is to develop new accounts consistent with Forward Space’s corporate objectives. They are responsible for managing existing accounts by using creative, proactive strategies to understand customer expectations, develop standards of performance, measure results, and strive for continuous improvement.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Identify, develop, and generate new business sales opportunities with new accounts and maintain and grow existing accounts.
- Responsible for penetrating accounts using creative, pro-active strategies, developing goals, and creating client partnerships.
- Provide account strategies and direction to project team members and to account managers and/or coordinators working on continuing business, including problem resolution.
- Identify business opportunities and secure revenue opportunities for new products and services.
- Make regular calls on assigned customers within established accounts to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of company offered product lines including but not limited to furniture, technology, flooring, and architectural solutions along with associated services. Ability to recommend appropriate solutions/applications to meet customer needs.
- Attend all required meetings including training to improve sales techniques/skills and stay abreast of industry and product changes and advancements.
- Work with other departments and support the Order Management System from initial quote through invoicing and payment.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events.
Qualifications + Requirements
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skill, and the ability to develop relationships
- Self-directed, takes initiative, resourceful, good problem-solving ability, and follow through
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task, team environment and organization
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented individual
- Strong business development skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of office furniture and furnishings industry with emphasis on Steelcase brand products a plus
- Minimum of 4 years’ successful industry experience in Design, Lead Generation, Account or Project Management, or a transferable business to business complex selling industry preferably linked to design/construction/office environment industry
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on sales and marketing or equivalent in related area
About Forward Space
Founded in 2014, Forward Space was formed through the merger of Chicagoland’s two leading Steelcase dealerships—Office Concepts and OEC Business Interiors. Both of our former companies share rich histories in the marketplace dating back more than 50 years. In 2019, we expanded into Milwaukee, WI and opened a new warehouse and showroom to serve that market. Since 2014, we have built a strong foundation with three full-service facilities serving the needs of companies in the Chicagoland and Milwaukee areas, as well as a network of Steelcase dealers to meet the nationwide requirements of our customers.