General Manager (San Francisco, CA)
Are you someone who is always thinking, How can my staff and I do things better? How can we ensure a white glove approach for our customers? How can I cultivate that same care and attention for my own team as a leader? On behalf of our client, California Closets, we are looking for a sales and operations leader with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset. The General Manager (GM) will have the tools and resources to thrive in a culture of continuous learning and collaboration where employees treat one another like family.
The GM will lead a corporate-owned Retail Business Unit (RBU) for California Closets’ world class products. Responsibilities include successful achievement of the Annual Financial Plan and attainment of business plan goals and objectives, as well as full compliance with CCC, FSB, and FSV policies and procedures. With 120 showrooms and 700+ designers across North America and anticipated growth to 300 showrooms and 1,600 designers in the next five years, the GM will also facilitate strategic growth planning, cross-functional problem-solving and collaboration, and ongoing staff hiring and development.
California Closets is a high-end, custom storage and space management solutions provider to the residential market. As a subsidiary of FirstService Brands, they have built a reputation as a leader for over four decades in premium and luxury space management. Delivering truly custom products and unparalleled service, they believe exceptional design transforms people’s lives. Since the beginning, their top priority has been to focus on customer needs. They are committed to listening to the needs of every customer, working with them hand in hand, and always recognizing that it’s a true privilege to be invited into their homes and their lives.
- The GM consistently provides a quality product and customer experience that meets California Closets’ Net Promoter Score (NPS) expectations.
- The GM responds positively and quickly to concerns that may impact a customer. They correct potential problems before they affect customers and immediately resolve all customer concerns.
- The GM hires high quality talent who can demonstrate appropriate skill and value alignment and are self-motivated to ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
Specific Responsibilities for Assigned Unit:
- Revenue (and corresponding royalty) growth and market penetration as defined by CCC
- EBITDA growth and attainment of other AFP goals as defined by CCC
- Evaluation of P&L line-item performance and corrective action to meet objectives and align with benchmarks
- Proactive management of financial events
- Proactive monitoring of balance sheet health
- Full implementation of the CCC Standard Operating Model
- Development, execution, and ongoing management of performance management culture
- Leadership using the balanced scorecard, company meetings, and team building to drive RBU performance
- Transparency within RBU that includes: clear job descriptions, compensation plans, and employee handbook
- Business challenge and opportunity identification and incorporation of strategies to improve efficiencies
- Assurance of safety standards that meet OSHA compliance
- Implementation of an environment of trust internally and of values that align with CCC, FSB & FSV
- Adherence to all employment and governing business laws
- Full compliance of all California Closets Company policies and procedures
- Finance and Accounting/Legal/HR/Product/Brand and Marketing/Sales/Technology/Operations
- FSB and FSV policies and procedures at assigned units
- Staff recruitment/selection/hiring/training/firing/performance management (subject to FSB “+1 level” approval policy)
Specific Tasks for Assigned Unit:
- Development of AFP and business plans
- Complete monthly trend and variance analysis according to AFP budget
- General oversight maintenance and accuracy of records including PO Process, A/R, A/P, Inventory, etc.
- Development of capital expenditures and long-term obligations in accordance with policies
- Development of Annual Marketing Plan
- Execution of effective local marketing campaigns that adhere to corporate initiatives
- Leadership, management, coaching, and regular GS&R of all direct reports
- Development and implementation of Annual Reward Plans (ARP’s) for all department heads with the approval of RVP
- Annual performance reviews and career counseling for employees following appropriate policies and procedures
- Creation and implementation of incentive plans for all employees with Area Director approval
Attributes for Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent time and project management abilities
- Background in franchising and/or managing a business highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial projections and budget management
- Highly adaptable, versatile and nimble (able to change when needed)
- Strong leadership, mentoring and management skills
- Strong decision-making skills and abilities
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively
- Demonstrable experience managing cross-functional areas and teams at various levels of the business
- Experience operating an independent business or business unit
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please send your resume to Sasha Gale at email@example.com.