Director of Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain and Logistics Management (Philadelphia, PA)
Are you a strategic supply chain professional experienced in developing new processes and systems from the ground up? Do you enjoy pulling the best out of supplier negotiations to optimize total cost and support new product development? If so, we’d love to speak with you!
Our client, Stylex Inc., is looking for a Director of Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain and Logistics Management to have primary accountability for managing and executing all strategic sourcing activities across Stylex’s growing operations and product offerings, along with accountability for general business supply chain and logistics management systems development and continuous improvement. The Director’s primary objective will be to optimize the total cost and total value for Stylex, while identifying and establishing new suppliers and business partners. To accomplish this objective, the Director will be expected to demonstrate a strong understanding of leading sourcing, supply chain and logistics management techniques and strategies, including: strategic sourcing, fact-based negotiation, total cost modeling, supply market analysis, supplier relationship development, supply chain re-engineering, and global sourcing (inclusive of Low-Cost-Country (LCC) sourcing).
Stylex Inc .is known for their relaxed lounge furniture systems designed for tomorrow’s workspace. Stylex was founded more than fifty years ago with a goal to apply experience with an enterprising, inventive spirit to create truly engaging products.
- Establishment of new sourcing, supply chain and logistics initiatives, including Kanbans, supplier inventory, supplier to production cell replenishment, LCC sourcing, localization, e-auctions, and Supplier Portals.
- Establishment of new methods to support New Product Development product initiatives, including preferred supplier lists, preferred part lists, standard component costing, and supplier technology summits.
- Establishment of a commodity and supplier based strategic sourcing strategy, including Supplier metrics, commodity strategies, preferred suppliers, and risk identification and mitigation.
- Project management – leading, guiding and coaching cross-functional team members through the implementation of global sourcing strategies, cost reduction and other projects.
- Communications – written and oral communications, including formal executive presentations to senior Stylex leadership team.
- Creation and execution of project work plans and revision as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Moderate travel, likely up to 50% at times, domestically and international.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please contact Chaz Amidon at [email protected].