Commercial Real Estate Consultant (New York, NY)
How does it sound to join a team that’s only six years old and growing like crazy, where you are an entrepreneur defining your own success? Now put this dream scenario within the world’s largest office furniture company, a company known for being innovative and making a difference in the realm of human behavior and space. Intriguing? Read on.
Our client, Steelcase, is expanding their Real Estate Alliances team and seeking a professional Commercial Real Estate Consultant who will focus on creating new business opportunities within the Commercial Real Estate community.
Who Steelcase is:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker and has evolved into the international leader in workplace solutions. They apply their insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work. Steelcase pursues innovation, strives for sustainability and develops insights in every part of their business.
Why people choose to work with them:
Let’s start with the cool workspace—after all, that’s their business. But that’s just one of the ways Steelcase helps people like you do your best work. Steelcase encourages curiosity and critical thinking, they embrace well-being in its broadest sense and they provide mentoring and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
What you will be doing:
As a professional consultant, you will:
- focus on creating new business opportunities within the Commercial Real Estate community.
- create and execute a local strategy for identifying and aligning with commercial real estate partners (priority firms/individuals).
- sell and execute commercial real estate consulting engagements, and support dealers in real estate related pursuits.
- build and maintain strategic relationships with key audiences.
- partner with the Commercial Real Estate community to influence customers using Steelcase research and insights.
- apply consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions for sales opportunities.
- have a passion for Workplace strategy!
You must have:
- a deep understanding of current customer/workplace issues and trends across multiple industries. and the ability to leverage these insights as a knowledge resource to the Real Estate community
- expert interpersonal skills with coaching and mentoring capabilities.
- a self-motivated and self-directed work ethic with a willingness to accept responsibility for results.
- high goals and standards for yourself and others in the organization.
- a commitment to excellence: accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- a broad exposure and understanding of corporate strategies.
- extensive managerial skills for coordination of large projects using a multi-disciplined team approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Business or related field.
- background in Sales and/or Business Development with a focus on Workplace.
- experience either being in or interfacing with the real estate service provider community and knowledge of real estate brokerage.
- contract furniture experience highly preferred, but not required.
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please contact Abby Manchesky at [email protected].