Chief Operating Officer (Phoenix, AZ)
We’re looking for an operations professional who is intensely focused on escalating customer experience. Our client, Re-Bath, is conducting a nationwide search to fill this critical position. The Chief Operating Officer is a hands-on executive leadership role focused on developing programs, training and support for their franchisees that improve all aspects of the “in-home” customer journey. Those areas include lead setting, sales, product selection and product installation. The COO assumes P&L and metric responsibility for the company’s franchise operations. This role will lead a team that develops and implements programs and innovations that drive strong top line and bottom line performance at the franchisee level while delivering a consistent customer experience. She/he will shape strategies for each function and work cross departments, primarily with corporate store operations, marketing, and finance to commercialize and scale throughout the franchise network. The COO will be based in Phoenix, Arizona and serve as a key member of the executive team.
Re-Bath is one of the most powerful bathroom remodeling brands in the country, with over 100 franchises across the country in more than 120 DMAs. It’s their mission to make residential bathroom renovation an effortless experience, handling every detail from design and selection of quality products, to demo and installation. Their vision is to be the first – and only – place people go to renovate their bathroom.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide business unit P&L and metric leadership including plans to drive lead conversion rates, sales closing rates, customer satisfaction scores and improve franchisee level gross margin through efficiencies from product selection, sourcing and installation.
- Regularly review and analyze the franchisees P&L’s and metrics to identify program support needs and coaching opportunities. This would include helping franchisee develop financial budgets and operating plans on an annual basis.
- Develop, test, refine and launch new programs and initiatives to drive franchisee engagement and profitability, with a constant focus on growth driving innovation and continuous improvement.
- Develop and oversee the delivery of training and coaching for our franchisees on support programs developed for them. Monitor the adoption and compliance of our franchisees with our programs, and to develop strategies to increase the franchisees engagement with the support programs.
- Hire, develop, oversee and manage a staff of franchise business coaches and franchise support personnel under a culture of accountability so they understand and execute their responsibilities correctly.
- Lead cross functional collaboration, including collaboration with franchisees to develop and trial new programs to support the franchisees in our in-home experience.
- Design, research, develop, analyze and bring new concepts as well as strategies forward for our brand, specifically the in-home experience that our franchisees deliver.
- Interface regularly with franchisee advisory subcommittees across each channel and Franchise Advisory Council (FAC) to validate performance, strategy and innovation.
- Develop strong, competitive intelligence to stay abreast of best-in-class experiences and develop appropriate strategic and tactical responses in the market, enhancing the uniqueness of the “brand”.
- Team Leadership. Hands-on leadership of individuals effecting our franchisees in-home experience. Ability to identify, recruit and retain strong talent. Experience motivating teams and building consensus with clear objectives across a broad array of stakeholders.
- Executive Presence. Reputation for excellence as a leader within his/her industry; creates accountability; provides clear direction; sets and monitors high standards of excellence; rewards people based on performance; proactively and fairly resolves performance issues. A strong collaborator who combines empathy, listening, and learning capabilities.
- Relationship Building. Highly collaborative and effective at building strong cross functional relationships across the organization. She/he will also have an ability to create relationships with franchisees and other stakeholders in order to listen, understand, and make decisions consistent with brand strategy. Respects others; actively seeks and shares ideas; takes the initiative to collaborate with others.
- Strategic Thinking. Thinks and plans logically, making sure issues are thoroughly evaluated. Probes problems and issues in-depth, seeking subtle, but important causes and considerations. Clarifies and simplifies complex information; sees trends and possibilities that lead to new business opportunities.
- Agile/Entrepreneurial. Brings an agile approach, is entrepreneurial and able to operate effectively in a lean environment.
- Coach/Mentor. Reinforces positive expectations; readily shares knowledge and advice; provides candid, balanced and regular feedback; provides opportunities to enhance professional growth.
- Operations Acumen. Ability to read, analyze and interpret profit and loss statements, balance sheets and basic business law.
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years in home services management experience, leading forward thinking and/or growth brands. Ideally has industry experience in multi-location or franchise businesses.
- 7+ years in product experience.
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA highly desirable.
- Strong business acumen and a general management mindset with P&L leadership and strategic planning expertise.
- Stakeholder management and experienced working within a large, complex, growing franchise organization or multi-location business.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with the Brand team, Operations, IT, Franchise Development and Finance.
- Experience leading teams to develop and implement improvements to the customer journey based on insights and research.
- Ability to manage/prioritize both short and long-term channel plans effectively; brings strong project management skills.
- Digitally savvy and brings a track record of driving disruptive growth through digital transformation.
- Experience working with or for brands that are viewed as market leaders or are known for driving rapid change in customer experience.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please contact Chaz Amidon, email@example.com.