Account Manager (Milwaukee, WI)
Are you interested in being in a role where you can be proactive in helping gain market share within existing accounts? Do you love to support and provide resources to win new business? If so, we’d love to talk with you about an Account Manager position now open in the Greater Milwaukee Area.
Our client, Forward Space, is a woman-owned business and a Top 10 authorized Steelcase dealer headquartered in Chicago, IL. Forward Space offers workspace planning, procurement, delivery, installation and on-going maintenance to help propel organizations forward and bring to life the space and environments that are precisely designed for their purpose.
Forward Space has opened a new location in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and we are looking for an Account Manager who will assist the VP Of Sales or Account Executive(s) with maintaining and establishing a fundamental business relationship with a single and/or multiple major account(s). An ideal candidate will be responsible to support the account to either increase or secure additional business. They may also represent the VP of Sales or Account Executive(s) and Forward Space at various project meetings, client meeting, and other customer meeting with the goal of enhancing Forward Space’s position as primary vendor to the account(s).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct sales calls with or without VP of Sales or Account Executive(s) as needed.
- Active in executing strategies through Bids, RFP’s, Mockups, thought starters and workplace knowledge to drive incremental business.
- Serve as primary point of contact and communication with the customer on designated projects (AE and PM may be assigned instead for some projects/work).
- Help to establish, develop and maintain the desired levels of customer satisfaction for each account. Monitor and measure Forward Space’s performance for quarterly reporting.
- Publish status reports for review by the sales team and customer. Participate in regular team meetings and update all parties on the status of projects and activities.
- Identify and enlist resources necessary to effectively service the customer utilizing Design, Project Management, and Sales Coordinator assistance and services as applicable.
- Coordinate the production of installation drawings with the Designer/Architect and customer to ensure functionality of product as well as accuracy of specifications.
- Coordinate requests for delivery, service and installation with Operations personnel or outside contractors.
- Attend and take notes for all project meetings.
- Perform site visits as necessary.
- Know, understand and appropriately apply the content of all contract agreements between the client and Forward Space.
- Utilize all order management reports to track orders with Sales Coordinator (and assigned PM if that size and complexity).
- Ensure that all punch-list items have been resolved and orders closed out for invoicing in a timely fashion (PM and Sales Coordinators can support).
- Maintain accurate and standardized order records.
Skills for Success:
- Strong customer service, presentation and organizational skills
- The ability to problem solve and to work in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow-through
- Solid computer skills: Word, Excel, Hedberg
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years of industry experience required; 4-6 years of industry experience preferred
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please contact Matt Casburn at [email protected].