Account Executive (Milwaukee, WI)
Are you someone who excels in winning new business? Do you love to also gain skills to maintain and grow existing accounts? If so, we’d love to speak with you about a new Account Executive role in Milwaukee, Wisconsin!
Our client, Forward Space, is a woman-owned business and a Top 10 authorized Steelcase dealer headquartered in Chicago, IL. Forward Space offers workspace planning, procurement, delivery, installation and on-going maintenance to help propel organizations forward and bring to life the space and environments that are precisely designed for their purpose.
Forward Space has opened a new location in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and we are looking for a hunter to develop new accounts consistent with the company’s corporate objectives. The Account Executive will use creative, pro-active strategies to build and leverage relationships, understand expectations, develop standards of performance, measure results, and strive for continuous improvement and growth. The ideal candidate will lead the team through projects and will be the main point of contact for the client.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop and generate new business sales opportunities with new accounts and maintain and grow existing accounts
- Provide account strategies and direction to project team members and to account managers and/or coordinators working on continuing business, including problem resolution
- Identify business opportunities and secure revenue opportunities for new products and services
- Make regular calls on assigned customers within established accounts to assure long-term customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of company offered product lines including but not limited to: furniture, technology, flooring and architectural solutions along with associated services. Ability to recommend appropriate solutions/applications to meet customer needs
- Attend all required meetings including training to improve sales techniques/skills and stay abreast of industry and product changes and advancements
- Work with other departments and support the Order Management System from initial quote through invoicing and payment
- Represent the company in a professional manner to specific industry organizations, market sector, and/or community events
- Strong oral, presentation, written & interpersonal skill and the ability to develop relationships
- Self-directed; takes initiative; resourceful; good problem-solving ability and follow through
- Clear and professional communication skills, including verbal, written, and listening skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a multi-task, team environment and organization
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and optimism
- Highly motivated, goal oriented individual
- Strong business development skills
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on sales and marketing in related area
- Demonstrable knowledge of office furniture and furnishings industry with emphasis on Steelcase brand products a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years’ successful industry experience in Design, Lead Generation, Account or Project Management or a transferable business to business complex selling industry preferably linked to design/construction/office environment industry
If this sounds like an excellent fit for you, please contact Matt Casburn at [email protected].